This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Full disclosure here.
This post is about my high-end and drug store makeup products haul for beginners, including foundation, concealer, contour, setting powder, bronzer, eyebrow pencil, mascara, etc.
I have been debating between high-end and drugstore makeup for a while. I eventually decided to go with a mix of both to achieve a complete and flawless look.
Even though I absolutely love drugstore makeup, I knew that I needed to invest in some high-end quality products to achieve long-lasting coverage. This is because I am in front of the camera a lot. Therefore, I gave myself a $200 budget to get everything that I needed.
Check out the makeup products for beginners and the reason why I got them:
1. Foundation Makeup
- Fenty Foundation has a TON of great reviews.
- I am also really dark-skinned and they have 6 other darker shades than mine. Just WOW.
- Got Shade 450
2. Concealer Makeup
- This was the best-reviewed concealer. (Think YouTube, sites)
- Got Shade Café. They also have other darker shades.
3. Contour Makeup
- This is a foundation stick for dual purposes.
- I got the darkest shade (NW60) to use perfectly for contouring. (It was also recommended at the store)
- Also, when I become way darker in the hot summer, I might use it as a light foundation.
4. Translucent Loose Setting Powder
- Listen, this is the ALL-TIME BEST REVIEWED setting powder, I just had to swallow the price.
- Hence, I will not allow a single particle to fly away. This is my most treasured of all makeup products.
- Got Shade Honey because that’s all they had at the store. They also have two other shades. (lighter & darker)
5. Bronzer Makeup
- This company has 6 DIFFERENT SHADES for a bronzer. 6 y’all! Let that sink in.
- I got Shade Deep because the store didn’t have the darkest. They also have another darker shade than mine online.
6. Eye Brow Pencil (Disappointing!!!)
- I haven’t tried all my products fully yet but I am really, really, really DISSAPOINTED with this.
- It draws fine but the problem its design itself.
- You’d assume it’s a twist-off, but it’s not and it doesn’t say on the packaging.
- In addition, I had to go to the reviews online to see how it works. Well, you’re supposed to sharpen I guess.
- I am not comfortable sharpening plastic, but when I sharpened it, it just came out awful. MAJOR FAIL
7. Mascara Makeup
- I got the shade Blackest Black because it pops with my skin tone.
8. Eye Pencil
- I got both shades because I really wanted to try a new vibrant shade but also have my classic black.
9. Matte Lippie
- I got Shade 14 – Black Berry Sorbet because I wanted to try a new look.
11. Sponge Blender
- They had other options but I got this blender because it was the cheapest.
In conclusion, makeup usually lasts me more than a year, so yes it’s definitely a good investment. I took my time to read and watch YouTube video reviews so that I could invest in high-quality products. In addition, I did not purchase other products like the eyeshadow palette, because I already love what I have.
Nevertheless, I am excited to use these makeup products for beginners, and do a full review of my makeup in the future.
Once again, keep looking chic & classy just like a million bucks.
Pin Me For Later Read
Pssst: Also, comment below with any makeup product ideas that you would swear by.